McKean County Housing Authority has a full-time accountant position available immediately in the Smethport Area. All interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume firstname.lastname@example.org. or by mail at: 415 W. Main Street Smethport PA 16749.
The deadline to apply is October 4, 2021.
As an accountant, you play a vital role as a team member.
The Accountant is responsible for performing Accountant functions for MCRHA by accurately completing a variety of accounting and administrative functions which may include: processing vendor invoices in a timely manner, performing reconciliations, preparing financial reports for various entities, preparing budget reports, processing checks and handling electronic utility invoices.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8AM-4:00PM.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Post journal entries and monitor general ledger balances to verify accuracy
- Assist in preparation of financial statements, financial analyses and account reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of all government agency reports and forms
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll
- Routinely perform bank reconciliations and print balance and outstanding check reports
- Ensure compliance with MCRHA policies and procedures
- Maintain accurate and complete fiscal records in accordance with policies, procedures and regulations
- Participate in company and departmental meetings as necessary
- Develop and foster good working relationships with team members, other departments, outside agencies and management
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by 15 college credits in accounting. 1 year of professional accounting experience OR 5 years of book keeping experience and 15 college credits in accounting OR any equivalent combination of accounting experience and training.
McKean County Redevelopment and Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer